Please note that a short description of a certain column can be displayed when you move your mouse cursor over the column's header and hold it still. Below, a more detailed description is shown per column.
: The variant's effect on the protein's function, in the format 'R/C' where R is the value reported by the source and C is the value concluded by the curator; '+' indicating the variant affects function, '+?' probably affects function, '+*' affects function, not associated with individual's disease phenotype, '#' affects function, not associated with any known disease phenotype, '-' does not affect function, '-?' probably does not affect function, '?' effect unknown, '.' effect not classified.
: Number of exon/intron containing variant; 2 = exon 2, 12i = intron 12, 2i_7i = from intron 2 to intron 7, 8i_9 = intron 8/exon 9 boundary, _1 = 5' to exon 1, 18_ = 3' of exon 18, _1_18_ = encompassing the entire 18-exon gene
DNA change (cDNA)
: Description of variant at DNA level, based on a coding DNA reference sequence (following HGVS recommendations); e.g. c.123C>T, c.123_145del, c.123_126dup.
: Description of variant at RNA level (following HGVS recommendations).
- r.? = unknown
- r.(?) = RNA not analysed but probably transcribed copy of DNA variant
- r.spl? = RNA not analysed but variant probably affects splicing
- r.(spl?) = RNA not analysed but variant may affect splicing
- r.0? = change expected to abolish transcription
: Description of variant at protein level (following HGVS recommendations).
- p.(Arg345Pro) = change predicted from DNA (RNA not analysed)
- p.Arg345Pro = change derived from RNA analysis
- p.? = unknown effect
- p.0? = probably no protein produced
: InSiGHT Classification
: region/domain protein affected
: Splicing/transcript expression